marine products order Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ordered their aquarium supplies from www.drsfostersmith.com. I have a potentially expensive order. But they are offering the product I want at 150$ cheaper than anywhere else I look. And that is kinda throwing up a flag.

lol, easy $1500 spent with them the past few years, literally CANT be beat, well at least the divers dens portion. but the rest is just as good.

free shipping at $50!!!!!!

Cool, thanks for the info. Always get worried when 400$ orders come down from a website I don't know. You all have helped me a lot!

sorry, but factually ya can get ALOT of stuff cheaper elsewhere, but there service is great and generally there prices are on par, but other sites do beat them pretty regularly.

Well I'm looking at this nano cube 28g for 300$ but it comes with the stand and free shipping. It says a 179$ value free. I can't find anywhere else the stand is free.

IMO Id peruse craigslist for a bit. ya can pick up a cube for $200 easy. but thats not bad, just know you're prob gonna want to upgrade the lights and skimmer ASAP

cosmo said:
IMO Id peruse craigslist for a bit. ya can pick up a cube for $200 easy. but thats not bad, just know you're prob gonna want to upgrade the lights and skimmer ASAP

Since you bring it, why would I update the lights? I thought they were good for the corals. I've been watching Craigslist but here in Vegas, tanks aren't that big unless your talking monster size tanks.

Well, This sucks, I was thinking this was to good to be true. I was really hoping this package would support the corals.

Readingexcalibur said:
Well, This sucks, I was thinking this was to good to be true. I was really hoping this package would support the corals.

They can support some corals like softies and few Lps and shrooms
I have a biocube with stock lights and have zoas,duncans,torch coral,& frogspawn

image-2817025599.jpg

Lunchbox209 said:
They can support some corals like softies and few Lps and shrooms
I have a biocube with stock lights and have zoas,duncans,torch coral,& frogspawn

Ok, so this is a pic of your cube with stock lighting. I am interested in corals that move and sway, so I'm assuming they are soft corrals. The shrooms I like as well for the colors. I like your setup a lot!

Readingexcalibur said:
Ok, so this is a pic of your cube with stock lighting. I am interested in corals that move and sway, so I'm assuming they are soft corrals. The shrooms I like as well for the colors. I like your setup a lot!

Thank you very much. If you like swaying coral I would recommend a torch coral and a hammer coral, also some green star polyps looks like grass swaying very awesome.

Lunchbox209 said:
Thank you very much. If you like swaying coral I would recommend a torch coral and a hammer coral, also some green star polyps looks like grass swaying very awesome.

Thanks, so to confirm, the stock lighting is good for these types? I think I would consider upgrading for hard corals way down the road. The thing is I am active duty military, so until I'm out, I don't want to start a huge reef tank just yet. Man I realy like your setup, is that a yellow watchman goby in there?

Readingexcalibur said:
Thanks, so to confirm, the stock lighting is good for these types? I think I would consider upgrading for hard corals way down the road. The thing is I am active duty military, so until I'm out, I don't want to start a huge reef tank just yet. Man I realy like your setup, is that a yellow watchman goby in there?

Yea stock lights are fine for some corals and yes that's a yellow watchman I just redid my whole tank earlier today. Yea you can always upgrade your lights down the road there plenty of new lighting options popping up everyday. If your not sure about a coral you can always ask on the forum

Back
Top Bottom