MarineDepot return policy..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poolrad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Horrible fees. I got a CPR 90 overflow that I want to return, it is unopened and I just want to ship it back (I pay for shipping). However they want:

10% restocking fee ($8.90)
10% shipping reimburse since I ordered over $175 and they want it back ($8.90)
and $11 for me to ship it back..

almost $30 to send back an item I paid $89 for...

Talk about being fee'd to death.. Anyone else had experience returning anything to Marine Depot?

10% restocking fee ($8.90)

Very common. Many places need to do this to protect themselves from people who like to use mail order like a rental service.

10% shipping reimburse since I ordered over $175 and they want it back ($8.90)

Sounds like your order total went below $175 by returning the item, thus you no longer qualify for free shipping???

and $11 for me to ship it back..

How much you pay to ship it back is up to you :)

No my total is still over $175 after the product was counted out of the total, but they still want the additional 10%..

I'm fine with paying the shipping back, but the 20% charge on top of that is a little extreme imo...

Why have you decided to return it ? Your best bet is to resell it on your own. Be it ebay or to someone else looking for an overflow box. They have great stuff, but ive never had to return anthing to them. Im sure you could find a member on this forum that could use that box. Good luck.

If the product is broken or they sent the wrong thing then they need to cover all the fees. If it was your fault and you ordered the wrong thing or something then those fees will apply.

Very common. Many places need to do this to protect themselves from people who like to use mail order like a rental service.

Never thought of things like that. This makes so much sense.

Whenever I order online, I expect not to return it unless it breaks. I'm too lazy to take things back to a store, even.

But yeah, definitely dont return that -- since its still new you could almost sport it for original cost. Just a suggestion. :)

Back
Top Bottom