marineland led hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey anybody using marineland led hoods, would u please post pics? I'm trying to find out if I like the output.

Thanks all!!!

Travis

Travis55 said:
Hey anybody using marineland led hoods, would u please post pics? I'm trying to find out if I like the output.

Thanks all!!!

Travis

I had one on my 55 but when I upgraded to a 75 I also changed lights. I like the marineland though. I just like to try new things. I did however love the shimmer effect from the light.

This is the marineland DB LED.

View attachment 63285

This is my upgraded light system T5 HO's

View attachment 63286

You can see the difference right away.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I had one on my 55 but when I upgraded to a 75 I also changed lights. I like the marineland though. I just like to try new things. I did however love the shimmer effect from the light.

View attachment 63285

View attachment 63286

Hope this helps.

Wow. I really like the t5. Way better than led.

What is your bulb spread on that thing? I have a t5HO on my 72, 4 bulb setup...absolutely HATE the bulbs it came with: gives everything a yellowish/greenish tinge, but I LOVE the blue-ish hue yours have...

I'm using the deep blue solar extreme 48" fixture.

View attachment 63285

View attachment 63286

Hope this helps.

bighabeeb said:
What is your bulb spread on that thing? I have a t5HO on my 72, 4 bulb setup...absolutely HATE the bulbs it came with: gives everything a yellowish/greenish tinge, but I LOVE the blue-ish hue yours have...

I'm using the deep blue solar extreme 48" fixture.

Bulb spread? I have 2 bulbs if that's what you mean? Or do you wanna know what type of bulbs?

Back
Top Bottom