marineland led reef capable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
A little while ago i made a more"economical" and less knowledgeable purchase of the marine led reef capable light. Like many of us before we do extreme research we see reef capable and think bingo that made it easy. So i have had a failure with a pretty nice Sps even though i kept within the recommended level for maximum PAR and maintained perfect water parameters. Even though marineland says it will grow SPS it will not( as some of you know) My question is : I am stuck with my purchase for now and it was a large one for me but what can i grow using this light? I know soft corals but which ones. I like zoas, florida ricordea, Mushrooms, Toadstool, Hammer corals, leather hands. Can i keep some of these and if so which by far my favorite is zoas and ricordea. Thanks & as always i appreciate the advice.

I'd think you can keep the ones you listed with that light. Well, depending on how deep your tank is. :)

bootz said:
A little while ago i made a more"economical" and less knowledgeable purchase of the marine led reef capable light. Like many of us before we do extreme research we see reef capable and think bingo that made it easy. So i have had a failure with a pretty nice Sps even though i kept within the recommended level for maximum PAR and maintained perfect water parameters. Even though marineland says it will grow SPS it will not( as some of you know) My question is : I am stuck with my purchase for now and it was a large one for me but what can i grow using this light? I know soft corals but which ones. I like zoas, florida ricordea, Mushrooms, Toadstool, Hammer corals, leather hands. Can i keep some of these and if so which by far my favorite is zoas and ricordea. Thanks & as always i appreciate the advice.

What you could do is get a 4bulb t5 fixture along with the LEDs, and you should be able to keep Sps corals

Better yet get two 2 bulb t5 fixtures. Probably will run the same cost You could even get a less expensive fixture like deep blue. Put one on each side with the led in the middle. That should work perfectly. I currently have some sps specifically green slimer acro and a couple of Monti frags high in the water column that have been there for a little over a month and still look great I'm only running the 4 bulb odyssea unit.

My tank is like 19 inches deep but most of my coral i place 10inches away from the light

I have the same marineland led lights on my 40 Gallon reef ready tank with t5 lights and I've got some of those corals u mentioned

Attachments

• image-915473590.jpg
    image-915473590.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2734413316.jpg
    image-2734413316.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 93
Good stuff i dont have any t5s atm just the marineland but basically i am safe if i stay with all softies?

On another note, even though the light is not as powerful as i would have liked it to be the leds make the tank look amazing especially the initial transition from florescent bulbs to leds it is mind-blowing how much better my tank looks now.

Your right about that an it gives a nice effect.

Yes i have that same coral under my led lights and it's been doing great I actually have to trim it cause it's getting soo big.

Back
Top Bottom