Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Marinepure!!!!

I was thinking about getting this block of marinepure from bulk reef supply. They're supposed to work really week and boost biological filtration (aerobic and anaerobic bacteria). People have said they dropped nitrates from 100 to 2 over a couple months. Any thoughts???? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...8x4-block.html

Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crister13
I was thinking about getting this block of marinepure from bulk reef supply. They're supposed to work really week and boost biological filtration (aerobic and anaerobic bacteria). People have said they dropped nitrates from 100 to 2 over a couple months. Any thoughts???? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...8x4-block.html
Are you having nitrate issues?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes...... Huge nitrate issues. From over feeding and also being busy and no water change for a month and a half ish. I would like to add as much for the healthiest tank possible. Would this actually help with nitrates????? Or just breaking ammonia down??
Old 08-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crister13
Anyone use these??? Or have info about them? Will they help???
Chaeto and waterchanges not a trace of nitrate in 3 years
Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

I think it would benefit you more to stop looking for band-aids and just get on with the water changes.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please excuse me if this comes out too strong for I am not so eloquent with text. Over the last few days I noticed several threads you started along this same theme. One was for using a dual reactor to reduce nitrates. Another about how well biopellets worked on nitrates. One for a denitrator, and this one on marinepure. Seems to me as much time as you have spent posting on this issue you could have done the water change by now and cut back on the feedings as every thread had multiple people suggest. A month and a half with no water change seems excessive. Mix some saltwater now and tomorrow it's ready and you are on your way to lower nitrates and happier livestock. Good luck with it!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

No need for biomedia if your nitrates are high just cut back feeding and do weekly or biweekly water changes. I agree totally with what keithhjs said water changes take me no more then an hour(with mixing water and all) to complete on a Sunday when there's nothing better to do.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

And as I stated in some of the threads, I am on vacation now and will take that approach as soon as I get home, which is in over a week. I did a water change right before I left, to try to help for the 2 weeks I was goning to be gone. I'm not looking for a way around water changes. After all this, I will still do weekly or biweekly water changes. All I want is the best filtration possible, and reviews on the product im asking about. Thanks for the concern though.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPillow View Post
I think it would benefit you more to stop looking for band-aids and just get on with the water changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
Please excuse me if this comes out too strong for I am not so eloquent with text. Over the last few days I noticed several threads you started along this same theme. One was for using a dual reactor to reduce nitrates. Another about how well biopellets worked on nitrates. One for a denitrator, and this one on marinepure. Seems to me as much time as you have spent posting on this issue you could have done the water change by now and cut back on the feedings as every thread had multiple people suggest. A month and a half with no water change seems excessive. Mix some saltwater now and tomorrow it's ready and you are on your way to lower nitrates and happier livestock. Good luck with it!
I agree 100%.
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Believe me, I'm itching to do them!!!!!!! I want to kick the nitrates butt!!!! Lol. I was just wondering about the product.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com