Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDshoes
Thoughts*
I put one in yesterday it was dead within an hour

Old 01-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mine is still alive and rehabing in my fuge doing very well. I am wondering if my best bet is just trying again or catching the bigger one and put him in my fuge and put the small one in the dt then try again in a week? Out of thoughts want to hear how someone sucessfully paired them.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Please a little input the baby maroon is almost completly healed in my fuge. Should I
A. Try again with the little guy in breeders basket for a day or two or
B. Catch the bigger one put in fuge then put the little guy in the main tank and week later reinteoduce the bigger one?

Please advice want this to work even tho odds are stacked against me.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would try removing the big one and rearranging your scape then putting the big one in with the little one in about a week.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also condys eat fish
Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not gonna rearrange like mtly rock work and alot of it is glued/epoxied together. That is why the condy is in my fuge but I wasn't gonna fish it out when I put the clown down there. Just happened that the clown loved it. I think I am jus gonna try the swap for about a week then try again and cross fingers.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Maybe try putting a mirror next to where the larger clown is hosting. It will confuse the clown and also split the beatings. Unfortunately- maroons are nasty little buggers. It's always best to introduce at the same time
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Maybe try putting a mirror next to where the larger clown is hosting. It will confuse the clown and also split the beatings. Unfortunately- maroons are nasty little buggers. It's always best to introduce at the same time
First problem the existing larger clown is not hosting in one perticular spot kinda free swims whole tank and has a couple sleeping spots. I know very strange. Second I wish I was able to do it I took the maroon from a good friend of mine cuz it was a little to much in his 29 cube.

I am workig tonight and tom night so by sunday the baby should.be fully healed. So im either gonna try the swap or put both in my fuge with an eggcrate seperating them.

Tags
clown, maroon clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com