Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
I'm afraid I'm with Holygral on this one....You need much stronger lighting, especially in a 31" deep tank. I'm afraid those 150 watt halides won't do it either. They don't pack much of a punch. I would try and sell that and get some LEDs.

Scuba dude...where are you located?
Hum, why are you afraid to be with me, lol

Old 07-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Well, though it may have sounded that way, I am actually more afraid to give the OP the bad news....but I did get a chuckle.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Well, though it may have sounded that way, I am actually more afraid to give the OP the bad news....but I did get a chuckle.
lol, I so agree with you, you have to keep giving the same advise, on BTA, mandarins, tangs and tap water, I feel like the grim weeper, but flowers and fluff will only cost people big monies, fine line we walk, onward we march
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post

lol, I so agree with you, you have to keep giving the same advise, on BTA, mandarins, tangs and tap water, I feel like the grim weeper, but flowers and fluff will only cost people big monies, fine line we walk, onward we march
Better for you guys to be grim reapers. Then death in our tanks... that's why people join right? It's like a community service...you should put it on your resume LOL!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilton.s11 View Post
Better for you guys to be grim reapers. Then death in our tanks... that's why people join right? It's like a community service...you should put it on your resume LOL!
So wish that was true, but 90% of people have already made up their mind as to what they want to do and that their tank is different than the hundred of thousands of people before them, most advice falls on deaf ears, this hobby has a huge learning curve, but most newbes need to and will learn on their own. The victims are our oceans treasures. Everyone wants an nem, but they have no clue that there are no BTA that are white or yellow, which means no one is doing research, they just want one, no clue to what they need as far as conditions or lighting, I so love nems, and it makes me sad that the industry keeps harvesting them because LPS keep selling them to people who do not know that a white nem is not good. (90) percent of all reef forums questions can be divided into, BTA, Tangs, and Mandarins, the 3 hardest creatures to keep in an enclosed environment, but the most sought for as a new reef keeper. Makes you want to throw in the towel, hopefully someone is listening :-} OK I am off mu soap box, going to go and enjoy me reef
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post

So wish that was true, but 90% of people have already made up their mind as to what they want to do and that their tank is different than the hundred of thousands of people before them, most advice falls on deaf ears, this hobby has a huge learning curve, but most newbes need to and will learn on their own. The victims are our oceans treasures. Everyone wants an nem, but they have no clue that there are no BTA that are white or yellow, which means no one is doing research, they just want one, no clue to what they need as far as conditions or lighting, I so love nems, and it makes me sad that the industry keeps harvesting them because LPS keep selling them to people who do not know that a white nem is not good. (90) percent of all reef forums questions can be divided into, BTA, Tangs, and Mandarins, the 3 hardest creatures to keep in an enclosed environment, but the most sought for as a new reef keeper. Makes you want to throw in the towel, hopefully someone is listening :-} OK I am off mu soap box, going to go and enjoy me reef
Well I like to have the advice! My lfs just recently tried to talk me into a tang. If they would quite saying anything to make a sell and give good advice & customer service they would have more loyal customers! I've learned quit a bit off of here. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilton.s11 View Post
If they would quite saying anything to make a sell and give good advice & customer service they would have more loyal customers!
....but emptier pockets.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not in the long run. One of the stores in my area is going out of business because they got a bad rep of saying anything to make a sale. It's getting much easier to get stuff though the mail in good condition.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

So sell my lighting and get LEDs if I want to keep the anemone? I think I might just take it back to my LFS I don't have the money to drop on that just yet.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDaAx View Post
So sell my lighting and get LEDs if I want to keep the anemone? I think I might just take it back to my LFS I don't have the money to drop on that just yet.
Good idea if you cant get the lights like yesterday. Always research your purchases ahead of time to save the trouble. Even if I think I know about what im buying I still pull up live aquaria's website on my phone and look it up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com