Maroon Clown and Regal Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have my beloved Regal Tang in the QT, but my friend is moving and taking down his tank. He has a maroon clown and a firefish goby. I know the maroon is aggressive, so I was just wondering if it would get along with my easily stressed tang. Does anyone have these two fish together??

TIA! :loopy:

Most of the time, clowns will only show aggression to other clowns. Maroons can be a bit testy, but since the tang is already in the tank, I don't think there will be a problem. I have several maroons in tanks with other fish and haven't ever seen any signs of aggression on the clowns part.

The guy that I brought my reef set up from that I am setting up now had a maroon and a regal in there together for at least a year, and the only reason they aren't together still is because he had to sell the tank, but they were successful and both looked great.

Six-Line said:
A 60 gal is to small for a regal tang.

I saw an interesting setup the other day at a lfs and I thought of you as soon as I saw it. They're setting up a "Nemo and Dory" tank. Cute idea except it's in a 5 gallon nano. They didn't even have a small regal, it was about an inch.

My maroon is good buddies with all in the tank, except the other clown. Hes not aggressive unless the other clown gets in his territory. :wink:

i have a female maroon clown, and she was in there before i put my baby regal in, and i didn't have any probs

Back
Top Bottom