maroon clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a maroon clownfish for my 29 gal today he is so small :) i was feeding my other fish in 55 gal and i decided to put a flake in his bag while he was acclimating little thing is still in the bag and already eating i taking that as good sign :)

five min left till clown goes into the tank :) he is going to be a lonely fish for two weeks tho i feel sad about that :( maybe i could get him a damsel friend just temp. lol na he will be fine :)

I personally love my clown.... he is getting big very fast.... not very friendly tho!

well i got a damsel and put in with him damsel was fine for two days got to lookin for him one day and couldnt find him so i took lights off and looked down from top view and saw his reflection in back glass dead i got him out he had a big bite size round chunk missing from stomach glad they are cheap but he will be missed :( na na na na na na na na hey hey hey good bye na na na na na na na na hey hey hey good bye. :sorry:

Clowns are damsels too.
yea i know this i tell that to my girl friend and she wont listen but i like to classify clowns in my head as clown fish not damsels i think there are to many species of clowns that they should have thier own group but then again i know they are a damsel so ya lol i know i am crazy but when i think damsel i think of damsels like blue damsel three strip sgt major blue yellow damsel and chromis when i think clown i think nemo lol or others like nemo. i think most people who even know this still dont call clowns damsels alot.

I have one maroon clown and he is a sweetheart. I got him and a bta at the same time. The clown immediatly took to the anenome and is even sharing food with it. I have heard that they can be aggresive but mine is definitely one of the nicer fish in my tank. I have only had both for about a month not even, and the bubble tip has doubled its size maybe even tripled. Is this normal?...will it keep growing this fast? i purposly got the smallest one since my tank is only a 28 g.

I've got a breeding pair of maroons in my tank, they're both pretty well behaved other than being a bit aggressive recently, which I think is because they are getting ready to spawn for the first time in my tank, female digging holes in the sand with her tail and chasing other fish away while the male nips at the females fins are all signs right?

Back
Top Bottom