Maroon Clown Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
So yesterday I bought 2 maroon clowns (wild) for my brothers 75 gallon tank...they were doing fine together but last night the smaller one got stuck on top of the overflow where we have a screen. It is still alive but pretty beat up... problem is when I put him back in the tank ALL the other fish wont leave it alone... the other clown is picking on it...the wrasse, hawk, tang, angel... i felt so bad for the little guy that I caught him and currently have him in an ice cream pale floating in my 28 gallon tank...which has a bit of ick ( my boxfish gets the odd spot on the fin). What should I do? put him in my tank and risk him picking on my fish and possibly getting ick...or put him back in my brothers tank where he will get picked on till most likely death

and then what? would the other clown accept him back after being gone for so long? he does not have any disease at the moment only beat up fins..and very very scared

The maroons are pretty nasty. Once he is healed, you can add him back and turn out the lights, move around the rock, feed first and then do the other two tricks.

okay so iv decided to put him in the sump part of my brothers tank until he recovers. I hope he will be happy there. Would you happen to know how long torn fins take to heal?

Depends on the quality of the water, the better, the quicker it heals. I doubt that is the main reason it is getting picked on. If it got stuck on the overflow, there is probably another ailment causing the weakness and should be QT'ed and treated....

As Scott said water quality will play a big part in how fast he heals. If you put him in the other tank being the last fish in it will not be as bad since he has to get used to his surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom