Maroon Clown in a Rose Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brodie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know if Maroon Clowns take well to Rose Anemones? I just put one in my tank, and it seems to be doing well, but my clown hasn't even swam close to it. Any insight would be great. TIA

My clown was in my gBTA faster than RTN could set in on a prize coral. It was amazing. Be glad that your clown is giving the BTA some breathing room while the anemone acclimates. Hopefully your clown will find "home" soon enough! I feared my clown loving my anemone to death when I first put it in the tank. They seem to have a nice relationship now though.

Brodie said:
Does anyone know if Maroon Clowns take well to Rose Anemones? TIA
Maroon clowns host in BTA/RBTA (Entacmaea Quadricolor) anemones in the wild. They should make a great pair if provided the right conditions. Good Luck.

from my reading, it is a natural pairing. My maroon clowns were burying themselves in my RBTA before it had even settled in and attached to a rock.

My maroon went to my BTA within a couple of hours. Not to long ago my BTA split now he goes back and forth between the two. All three are doing great.

I just got back from work and I'm happy to report that my clown refuses to come out of his new anemone. He's just rubbing around and looks to be having a blast. Thanks for all the help guys...

Back
Top Bottom