Maroon Clown stirs up the sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidy07

Aquarium Advice Activist
why does my clown do this I've had him for over a month now. Is it a good sign or bad ?

How old is your clown? It sounds like a breeding behavior and any breeding behavior is a sign that the the fish is healthy.

joy13 said:
How old is your clown? It sounds like a breeding behavior and any breeding behavior is a sign that the the fish is healthy.

mm maybe like a year or older I bought him from a friend, and that's how long he had him for. My clown doesn't have a mate should I get him one?

I wouldn't get a mate for a fish unless I was sure I was prepared to deal with all aggression and pushing around the female clown seems to want to do. It might be just hosting the sand too. I have a baby clown that is about 9 months old that does that now. I am hoping it will move its swishy tail over to my anemone. But at a year yours is old enough to breed.

joy13 said:
I wouldn't get a mate for a fish unless I was sure I was prepared to deal with all aggression and pushing around the female clown seems to want to do. It might be just hosting the sand too. I have a baby clown that is about 9 months old that does that now. I am hoping it will move its swishy tail over to my anemone. But at a year yours is old enough to breed.

oh ok that's true my clown is to mellow for that. It's just wired since it host my rose bubble tip already

Back
Top Bottom