Maroon Clownfish Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

Do you guys have any anemones that you have had success with Maroon Clowns hosting? If so, information on the anemone would be fantastic! Just curious right now, but the two organisms mentioned might have something to of with something WAY down the road. Thanks!

I always see them hosting condys at the LFS. Even when there's a BTA, they chose the condy. Not sure why....seems strange to me.

Thanks everyone for the responses. :)

Is it any kind of Bubble Tip? For instance, would a rose bubble tip work?

Does not have to be anenomes. Here are some pics of corals that my clowns have hosted.

100_1358.JPG

100_1013.JPG

100_0638.JPG

Cool, thanks melosu!

The second picture is a hammer, and the last in a bubble coral, right?

Also, on here somebody reported that their Yellow Band Maroon Clown turned darker from when it was younger. Did you find this to be true with yours?

Can I keep a pair of Maroons, or will they kill eachother?

Sorry for all of the questions, thanks! :)

Yeah I'm debating on:

ordering a pair of yellowstripe maroon clowns as babies
or getting a single 5" one from the LFS
or getting a single 2" one from the LFS

Dunno if the pair would kill each other, the 5" one would kill my other fish, or if I'd regret getting the 2" one without a mate.

Yeah I'm debating on:

ordering a pair of yellowstripe maroon clowns as babies
or getting a single 5" one from the LFS
or getting a single 2" one from the LFS

Dunno if the pair would kill each other, the 5" one would kill my other fish, or if I'd regret getting the 2" one without a mate.

Hmmm, decisions decisions, LOL.

Have you heard of the Yellow Stripe Clowns getting darker with age?

Do regular Maroons get darker with age also?

Thank you!

The maroon clowns are very aggressive. I wouldn't want one of them in a small tank. I wouldn't want one of them at all. They really beat up small anemones. The 4" one in the gym tank killed a small BTA.

The guy that I got my long tentacle plate from sold it to me because his gold stripe maroon was hosting it and not the anemone that he had in the tank!

Just got two babies.. they got in stock. Going to quarantine and we will see how it goes. Probably be here tomorrow!

Cool, thanks melosu!

The second picture is a hammer, and the last in a bubble coral, right?

Also, on here somebody reported that their Yellow Band Maroon Clown turned darker from when it was younger. Did you find this to be true with yours?

Can I keep a pair of Maroons, or will they kill eachother?

Sorry for all of the questions, thanks! :)

Yes on the hammer and bubble coral. as far as darker I dont really know. I really havent really noticed it. also they are very aggressive and I would steer clear of two. Good luck on your tank.

Gold stripe maroons don't have the gold in their stripes until 6 months old or so. As they mature they're supposed to get darker and more aggressive with age-from what I've read. I just picked up two a day after I added 3 false perculas. They're not supposed to get along but for now they are all one big happy family (all under two inches). I'll most likely take the false perculas back next week. I've heard stories of the maroons attacking the owner, I'm hoping with the young pair growing together aggression between the two (and me!) won't be an issue.

Yeah my pair is doing just fine in quarantine, too. They're buddies! Always together. It's been two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom