Maroon clownfish attackinf?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirtydee12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a new 6 line wrasse from my lfs yesterday and now my maroon clownfish wont stop chashing him. What do i do???

Try turning off the light moving stuff around wait a couple of hours and turn them back on some times the fight for space

Return one or the problem will more than likely resolve itself.....not a great outcome for one of them tho!

sometimes that happens for a couple of days and then they adjust to one another.Sometimes not, then you would have to make a decision about which one to remove.

Dirtydee12 said:
Are there any pretty clownfish that arent as aggresive?

Of course. I think all are somewhat aggressive,but the maroon, clarki and the tomato clowns are known for being nasty. Go with a couple black ice if you can find them. I think they're really awesome looking.

I once tried a maroon, things didn't go well.... She was fine on her own for months, then my LFS got 4 juveniles in. I decided to buy her a mate so went down and picked the smallest of the 4.

Got home and put it in with the existing larger fish, which instantly attacked it in the most savage way. It ripped all it's fins off and proceeded to grip the new addition in its mouth, ramming it into the glass and rocks.

Needless to say it was dead in under 5 minutes and the larger one banished to the LFS. The whole episode traumatised my wife to the point that she nearly made me give up the hobby. So I'll never entertain maroons again.

Back
Top Bottom