Mated Mandarins did first "dance"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at work but Melissa thought something was wrong.
It was on top of the other one for a while then start gyrating all around it with it's fins all the way out, and the other one just watched it.
:D I was at the office and missed it. :(

i actrually never watch mine do dance, however my scooter did almost every other hr, the stay side by side and swin up and down , looks so pretty.

Sounds cool! Betcha can't wait for "the kids." BTW, Are planning on raising them or selling the babies if they mate?

Konrade said:
Sounds cool! Betcha can't wait for "the kids." BTW, Are planning on raising them or selling the babies if they mate?
ouch .. u just remind me how i watched my baby mandarin die, got sucked in the powerhead and crashed into 2...my wife got tear everytime i talk about it with her.She was the one found out first. But yeah actrually if they did breed, try have some dead coral or life sps which they can hide in,don't wory about those crabs in acro, cuz as i can see, mine crab didn't bother the tiny fish at all. in fact, the fish use the crab as some kind of protector.

If I can find the babies I will put them in the fuge since it is predator free and try to feed them etc. With the size of the tank finding them will probably never happen.

yeah it will be mrical to find it, I didn't see the baby fish till it was 1 inch long. Actrually mandarin itself is hiding in the rock, by hiding i should say they are running around in rocks try to search for food, so same as their baby.

Back
Top Bottom