Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why it would have to be the same. You should always dose you tank size- not your water change.

Plus- when you top off there should be no salt. It all mixes in the end.

Just make sure your salt isn't super high or super low either.

That's just my opinion though

it shouldn't be enough to create a fluctuation though especially not one fo more than a full sg, you fill it back up rather rapidly and if its not pretty darn close to your tank water its the same as taking hte fish from the fish store and dumping him in as soon as you walk in the door.

SwimsWithFish said:
Quick question about pwc... Does the water you make for pwc have to have the exact same specific gravity of the dt?

Sorry, whats specific gravity? How do you measure it?

It's the salinity, how much salt is in the water. I use a refractometer. Others use a hydrometer, the swing arm thing. :)

carey said:
It's the salinity, how much salt is in the water. I use a refractometer. Others use a hydrometer, the swing arm thing. :)

Oh!! Lol i knew what salinity was! Didnt know they were the same thing. Jeez, im such a salty noob! Haha

i dont konw what the price will be in the group buy, but with discounts and because they come with calibration fluid it may be a better deal to go with one from brs.

its like a control. a fluid that is know to be a certain sg.

you test it like you would your water and then adj the refractrometer to it.

coffeetwitch said:
its like a control. a fluid that is know to be a certain sg.

you test it like you would your water and then adj the refractrometer to it.

Hm nice! Does anyone here know what the price of the refractometer in the group buy is? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom