Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard that they were horrible from everywhere. BUT not one to beleive everything she reads I got one. Guess what? Totally inadequate and twitchy. Took forever to dial it in and then it only produced a slight skim. I sold it on CL for the same amount I paid for it. But since you have it already I would try it out and see if you get better results.

carey said:
I had heard that they were horrible from everywhere. BUT not one to beleive everything she reads I got one. Guess what? Totally inadequate and twitchy. Took forever to dial it in and then it only produced a slight skim. I sold it on CL for the same amount I paid for it. But since you have it already I would try it out and see if you get better results.

Yeah Won't Hurt to try!

Set everything up...
All I need is test kit, food, some trace elements, sand and live rock:)

Some more pics...

Attachments

• image-2422346743.jpg
    image-2422346743.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2681165000.jpg
    image-2681165000.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image-3883374629.jpg
    image-3883374629.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 81
So just now I was thinking maybe to add some more diversity to the tank I could do this:
1 occelaris clown
1 yellow watchman goby
1 royal gramma
1 six line wrasse
1 kauderns cardinal

What do you think? Is that even possible?

I think with that stock list you will be full. I have 6 small fish in my cube and consider myself overstocked. lol

But the list looks good, I don't see any issues with them as far as aggressiveness. :-D

carey said:
I think with that stock list you will be full. I have 6 small fish in my cube and consider myself overstocked. lol

But the list looks good, I don't see any issues with them as far as aggressiveness. :-D

Cool! :D

I lobe the look of that tank, I've always liked biocubes. The stock will be a lot for the filter in the tank to handle.. Just be careful.

needmorecowbell said:
I lobe the look of that tank, I've always liked biocubes. The stock will be a lot for the filter in the tank to handle.. Just be careful.

Yeah I'm probably going to scratch the six line. I'll be stuffing the fist and second chamber of the sump with live rock rubble so filtration should be pretty powerful:)

YouTube

Video of my biocube and some of the mods I made:)
I forgot to mention ill probably have a aquaticlife 115 skimmer in the 1st chamber. Ill also float either purigen or chemi-pure elite. Which one is better?

So I just got back from the lfs. I asked if I could do 30lbs of dry rock in the dt and some live rock rubble In the middle chamber. He said that dry Rock causes algae problems for the first 2 months. Is that true? Also, I notices that a lot of light from the 1000k floods into the sump area... Is that enough light to grow mangroves of chaeto?

no, dry rock should have no issue. certain types of rocks can lead to issues because of what leaks out of them, but typically not a problem.

I bought mine from reefcleaners.. It sounds like it will be great and the guy is nice. It's 2.30 per pound so pretty cheap

needmorecowbell said:
I bought mine from reefcleaners.. It sounds like it will be great and the guy is nice. It's 2.30 per pound so pretty cheap

Alrighty thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom