Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so after sitting down with the family we have all decided FINALLY on a stock list.
1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma basslet
1 bangaii cardinal
1 pink spot goby
1 yellow head jawfish
1 Midas blenny

I wish mandarins weren't such a pain:( someday ill get one when I set up my dream reef tank...:)

SleepsWithFish said:
Alright so after sitting down with the family we have all decided FINALLY on a stock list.
1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma basslet
1 bangaii cardinal
1 pink spot goby
1 yellow head jawfish
1 six line wrasse

I wish mandarins weren't such a pain:( someday ill get one when I set up my dream reef tank...:)

What do you have on the bottom of your tank for the jaw fish?
Good list!

Thanks! The tank isn't running yet but it will be 30 lbs of aragonite sand and 20lbs of crushed coral for a total of about 5" of a sand bed.:) I think that's enough...

SleepsWithFish said:
Thanks! The tank isn't running yet but it will be 30 lbs of aragonite sand and 20lbs of crushed coral for a total of about 5" of a sand bed.:) I think that's enough...

Should work...I have seen them on the reef in white sand beds, never in anything very corse.

Mine is constant;y on the move in my 125g, I wasn't expecting him to be so active. lol I pretty much thought he's hide in a rock most of the time and just come out for feeding, but nope, he is everywhere in the tank. Has a great appetite too, eats flake, pellets and frozen too. Overall I am really really happy I waited the time I did to get him. :-D

Will this lighting schedule work?
7am-5pm actinics and 10000k
5pm-9pm 10000k only
9pm-7am lunars

I got my midas from live aquaria and he came to me a bit pale and not a vibrant yellow, but after a day he had his full coloring and was very happy. :) I;ve only had him for maybe a month so i can't speak for hardiness but he made the move from the 55g to the 125g with no ill effects either.

As far as the lighting, I use my blues as the warming up or warming down of my lighting schedule. I have my blues come on at 10am and off at 10pm. I run my whites from 11am to 9pm.

Awsome! So Could I do
Blues: 7am to 5pm
Whites:7:30am to 9pm?

The reason I want that is because the cooling fans on the biocube are really loud with the blues. My corals would get about 10 hours of full spectrum lighting.

Ahhh so now your 10000ks make the noise? How many hours of full light do corals need?

My whites arent on as long as my blues are so less noise. The sound tends to die down after a while anyways, sometimes I just give it a bang and it goes away. lol

I think most corals would be happy with from 8-10 hours of light.

Alright I'll run them both for 10 hours and the 10000k a little longer so I can Enjoi the tank at night:D

carey said:
A stick, a brick anything that gets the job done. :)lol

The fans arent' known to be quiet but I hear it's an easy $20 upgrade on ebay just havent gotten to it yet.

Lol really?! I'll have to look into that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom