Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Talking Mature Clownfish

Ok we have a pair of clown fish and they have been doing the "courting twitching thing" and they have stopped doing this for about a week now. Now we can tell that the male has given in to the female. We can tell that she has been getting bigger and bigger everyday now. She is been swimming at the bottom of the tank in one spot today but before today she has been swimming under one live rock. The male is off and on chasing the female but then she will nip at him and he will stop. The male is about 1.5 inches long (no less than 1.25) and the female is about 2 inches long (no less than 1.75). Are they ready to spawn? lol I hope so haha

26 Gallon Bowfront. Clownfish. Six-line wrasse. Coral Beauty. 2 Chromis. Cleaner Shrimp. 2 Emerald Crab. CUC. || 36 Gallon Bowfront. Snowflake Clownfish. Six-line. Watchman Goby. Harptail Blenny. 4 Chromis. Cleaner Shrimp. 4 Emerald Crabs. CUC. || 29 Gallon. Pair of Snow Onyx Clownfish. Watchman Goby. Pistol Shrimp. Small CUC.
sstanle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
From what I have heard- even after the female turns into a female- it can still take up to a year- they do have to reach maturity I believe. But I'm not 100% correct

Old 11-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

What size/age is maturity though?
26 Gallon Bowfront. Clownfish. Six-line wrasse. Coral Beauty. 2 Chromis. Cleaner Shrimp. 2 Emerald Crab. CUC. || 36 Gallon Bowfront. Snowflake Clownfish. Six-line. Watchman Goby. Harptail Blenny. 4 Chromis. Cleaner Shrimp. 4 Emerald Crabs. CUC. || 29 Gallon. Pair of Snow Onyx Clownfish. Watchman Goby. Pistol Shrimp. Small CUC.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
I believe it's about 2-3 years and the size would depend on the type of clown.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have read only about 1 to 2 years and we have false perculas

Tags
clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com