maxi-jet mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes only works on a wavemaker !! everytime the pump turns on and off it spins in the opposite direction !! thats why by cutting the tip off the return it allows for more spread out water flow and then changes direction depending on which way it spins pretty cool mod ya have a multi directional pump with out the price :)

did ya see my other post on the cheap wave maker i just ordered one but was told it works great !! dont have the night time mode of course but if ya really wanted that ya could always hook a reg timer to it first ya know !! but for 30 to power 4 ph and no shipping great deal

You only need the wavemaker if you want the multi-directional part of mod. The wider stream would still be nice as this mod is also to make the powerhead more like the high flow/wide stream effect of the Tunze Stream powerheads that are much more expensive.

The picture only shows the change of direction, I wish it would show the increase in the width of the flow. I've heard about this for some time now, for only $15-20 it is worth the try.

i just ordered it on monday !! but should work great its made for lighting so the power of a few maxi-jets wouldnt be anything to it !! will post when i get it but dont see any probs !!

Thanks for the tip scuba-steve! Gonna give this a try w/my DIY wavemaker. I didn't know the maxi-jet's impellor reversed direction. Interesting and informative. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom