maxi-jet ph 1200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
i recently bought 2 maxi-jet 1200 ph's and one didn't come with the venturi directional flow shoot.....basically a piece of plastic that directs the water from the output hole. i looked a a few tank pics and it looked like nobody was using this feature. the two phs here aimed toward the center of the tank in opposite back corners. is that what i should be doing with my tank, or should i get the little piece of plastic and use the feature. hope you guys understand.

I do not use them with my ph's either. You need to set the ph's where there is a good flow variation to the majority of the tank. The way you have them set up now sounds pretty good. I am a strong advocate of getting somesmaller ph's to work hand in hand with the bigger ones. You can place the smaller ones behind rocks, and create a nice irregular pattern. :wink:

I dont think it's really all that big a deal if you don't use the directional flow pieces. As long as you have good water movement around most of the tank, then you should be OK. It sounds like you have have them aimed at each other which will give you good water movement. I have two Maxi-Jet 1200's for my 55gal. I use the directional flow pieces, but I still have mine set up across from each other facing each other to create opposing currents. The only difference is that I have mine facing more towards the front of the tank. I don't think it makes a difference either way. Good luck!

I do not htink it makes that much difference. I have three 1200 in my tank and two use the shoot and one does not. They should have come with the PH though.

i contacted marinedepot and they were really nice about it, and are sending the plastic venturi tube asap, great company to buy through fast shipping and i highly recommend. so i will aim them more towards the front of the tank rather than the middle. getting closer to having an aquarium with h2o in it.....can't wait.

I cant get mine to stay on my ph. Do they click into place or something? Every time I fix it back on, the water flow blows it off! :) Mine's a 900 btw :)

well, marine depot sent me the new pipe, so all is well, finally got the tank filled up, water is very foggy, but should settle in a few days. i am wishing i would have washed my aragonite first, but nothing in there so i guess it really doesn't matter cause i have nothing to look at anyway. have the heater turned on and am waiting for it to get to 80* before i add salt, then i get to order my live rock. thinking around 90 lbs. just an update, as soon as water clears i'll get pics before and after liverock on here for all to help out with, i know i'll have a lot of hitchhiker questions. until then.
nels

Back
Top Bottom