Maxigrow Air-cooler.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Maxigrow Air-cooler.

Hiya guys. I have just come across the Maxigrow Air-cooler:
aircooled.jpg

Why use Air-Cooled HID lighting?

HID lamps give off a massive amount of heat, which varies down to lamp type and wattage. This is not that important when lighting a car park for example but when lighting a growing area plants suffer from stress caused by large amounts of heat. Plants suffering from large amounts of heat stress tend to grow very poorly and give much lower yields than healthy plants under little stress.

Air-Cooled lighting removes heat directly from the lamp and reflector, which removes the heat usually directed at the growing area. There are various options available in the Maxibright range of Air-Cooled lighting from total Air-Cooling to partial Air-Cooling. The total Air-Cooled reflector is the Air-Cooled Supernova. This can be set up using one, two, four or six lighting units as shown. When using one lighting unit the reflector requires a 100mm RVK or RS in line fan, this is also the case when using two lighting units with a double spigot box. For four units a 150mm RVK or RS fan is required and when using six units a 200mm RVK or RS fan is required. The single unit set up uses 100mm ducting to connect the reflector to the fan where as the two, four and six unit set up uses 80mm ducting to connect the reflector to a spigot box. Partial Air-Cooling is available by using an Air-Cooled Supernova without the glass cover and also by using a single spigot, which can be attached to the Maxibright Deluxe and the Maxibright Plus reflector or mounted to a wall or ceiling. The benefits to partial Air-Cooling are that some heat is taken away directly from the lamp and reflector while air is drawn through the growing area and away from where heat is being created. Also if you have a standard Supernova and would like to upgrade it then you can purchase a 75mm or 100mm Supernova spigot end.

I was wondering if this would actually work and mean that there is not much heat going onto the tank :) :) :)

Also i was wondering about the reflectors as the supernaova
reflectorsupernova.gif

and the superdupa supernova
reflectorsupernovasupadupa.gif

both look good.

Has anyone used any of these reflectors, if so are they any good compared to say the aquabays?

Thanx

Andrew

dont think anyone from the us has seen and or uses these !! but if ya wanted to yes it would help keep the heat from your tank for sure !! most use fans to keep the heat out

yeah have just had a reply from the manufacturer who i got to do some tests for me as too the heat it would produce. well he got five of the units linked together and di some tests with heat emmited with the fans, and heat emmited with the fans. wow what a difference i know what ill go for now :)

Back
Top Bottom