Maxijet PH blow out mini bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
All three of them are doing that once in every few minutes. Why? They are 1 to 2 inches under the water. The DSB gas bubble up gas as well. Do you think the DSB gas went into the PH and blow out fine bubbles? Any suggestion to fix that? Thanks

Doubtful that the DSB produces enough bubble to matter. Sounds like cavitation. If there was away to power down the intake that should help. I have the same problem with my PHs but believe that it's due to micro bubbles from skimmer making it to the display tank.

I also have that problem, I think my HOB introduces them, then they build up in the ph's and are released periodically. Unless alot of oxygen is getting trapped in your DSB, I'd look else where. PS-If there was that much waste gases (hydrogen sulfide, etc.) being produced by and escaping from the DSB you'd have big water quality issues.

Well, I can see alot of little pockets of air on the DSB. I say it releases about one bubble per one to two hours. I haven't tested the water for months. I only have 4 fishes and a few corals on a 75G tank+10G sump. All of them are normal except the BTA moving ~an inch a day. Funny is he is moving back and forth the same locations. So what causes the PH blowing tinny fine bubbles? I am very sure the bubbles are coming out from sump/skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom