MaxiJets Blowing Bubbles... ARGH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, well I finally did it, I attained the holy grail, NO microbubbles in my tank, or so I thought. Just when I finally get it all worked out my maxijets start blowing micro bubbles every 20 - 45 minutes. I have them mounted horiztonally rather than vertically. Here is a pic to show them. I guess air is building up near the output and when it gets fully loaded it blows a cloud of bubbles, anyone know a workaround for this other than turning them verticle?

well, the air has to come from somewhere. There might be some resident in the impellar section of the pump. Take them apart and put them back together underwater. At that point they shouldn't blow any. The maxi's in my tank are horizontal and I have no bubbles from them. My sump is a different story all together.

Jim

I agree with Yaksplat. The air is getting in their from another source or it was trapped in the when you put the PH under water. Follow his advice and see if that helps.

I must have lucked out when I built my sump. I have no baffles at all down there and I get ZERO microbubbles returned to the tank. This is with a PH down there that is attached to my CPR overflow who's only purpose it to pull air out of the overflow so that the siphon doesn't break. The PH pulls that air right into the sump and it floats to the surface.

Could be that its blowing and then sucking the same bubbles or something. Next time it blows im going to put my wavemaster on feeding mode and let the majority of them settle out. If that doesn't help I will tear them down. Thanks for the help, if it ain't one thing its another. Maybe i'll get lucky one time and deal with the effect without creating another cause. Take care.

I agree with RR69... infact try moving it up sloooowly closer to the surface and I bet a mini-vortex appears twixt the surface and the strainer and it starts suckin' air!

It's maybe just close enough that it makes a pin sized vortext occasionally right now.

MOve it down an inch and I bet it stops.

Well RR you were right, the vortex was not visible to the eye, but after doing what snap recommended I got the effect. I moved each powerhead that was blowing air down .5 inchs and the problem has stopped. I am finally microbubble free! Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom