Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Snoopybdb
i just slowing working on getting mine to "let go" of the bottom. when you first start to touch it, it should close up some and then the bottom suction part will start to close as you try to get it up. just work slowly and don't force it. i had to move mine again(moved the tank) since putting it on the rock and it's ok.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:03 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Snoopybdb
hope this works...here's some pics of my tank...there are a couple you can see the clam in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38103679@N00/?saved=1

Old 03-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice PIX I need to get a digital Camera to take better pix to show my full tank. The pulsing xenia have you had alot of maintenance with it or is it easy to take care of? Tomorrow I will be moving my clam to a higher elevation. I hope it is higher since from reading I hear about nothing goin in it like floating stuff, food. I will be adding moonlights this wednesday can't wait. The clam must be positioned up correct? Mysand bed is a mix of fine live sand and crushed coral. I hope it is easy to take this clam out of the sand. The guy in the shop it looked like it was an easy time pulling him up. Is it true that they keep Nitrate levels down? I heard that the Nitrate's stay on the bottom?
Old 03-27-2005, 02:14 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya when I got mine, I placed it on the sand. I then found out it needed to be on rock and high up in the tank due to my lighting. (460w CF on a 75g)

It was trying to attach and had dug down a good way, but it came up pretty easy. I placed it on a medium size flat rock, then placed that rock up top of the tank. The clam attached in like a day or two and has done great ever since. I guess its doing well since it has had no color loss.

Here is a pic of mine when I first got it and now:

You can see the clam at the top/middle of the tank. Sorry for the dirty tank...

Old 03-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here are a few more pics of my tank with the blue light on B4 the whites turn on and clam is moved.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/
Old 03-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Full LIGHTING

FULL LIGHTING

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/
Old 03-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Revhtree - nice crocea clam. Yep, crocea do better in rock because over time they will bore out a hole so they can fit inside the rockfor better protection.

Maximas will be fine on the sand bed as long as the lighting requirment is met.

A quick way to tell the difference between crocea and maximas is by looking at their scutes(sp?). Maximas scutes will extend further out than crocea.

klam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clam

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com