McCulloch's Clown Fish $5,999

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$6k!!!!!!!???????? them dang fish better fly themselves into your homes and self acclimate for that price. Holy *****

Very nice, a rarity in the hobby. For that price I could fly out and catch them myself :)

I had to take a double and that one. At first I thought it said $599.00 but I looked again.... almost 6k I had to post it...lol

Welll, if you want to rationalize, it's for a mated pair.......

I bet they defecate golden orbs that dissolve and make algae fizzle away. Think an acclimation gnome is included?

Ohhhh, where do I get an acclimation gnome!?!?!? Of course, you would have to get an anti-troll fish....

tank, me to. i looked at those earlier today and misread and i still thought it was crazy but this?!?!? wowza.

I bet they defecate golden orbs that dissolve and make algae fizzle away. Think an acclimation gnome is included?
I think it's plutonium orbs that purify the water so no water changes are ever needed.:jump:

I bet with a little Photoshop work, I can make my clarkii clowns look just like them. :ROFLMAO:

Hey, part of my fam is from Wisconsin! lol. Better than Atlanta (deathlanta) :|

From what I read, the reason they are so expensive is they come from Lord Howe Island near Australia where collection is illegal except for research and there is only 1 person breeding them. Notice they are tank raised.

Marine Ornamental Fish & Invert Breeders Association :: View topic - Captive Care, Collection and Breeding of Mccullochi Clowns

I would just like to thank Larry for keeping me up till 2 am last night reading that entire thread that kept me reading and reading and reading....:slurp:

Jeeze Louise! I'd better hurry and order them.....before Kurt gets them! LOL Can't believe the $$$ had to check it twice.....have to do alot of extra tax returns for that one!

Actually, they are not only found at Lord Howe Island. They also occur at Norfolk Island, and at Elizabeth and Middleton Reefs (which lie north of Lord Howe Island). However, all these areas are now within marine parks. I collected the species from Elizabeth and Middleton Reefs in 1987, as part of a survey for Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service. It was common in both lagoons. Other local rarities included Genicanthus semicirculatus, Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus and Cirrhitus splendens.

Tony

Who would pay for that...
i.gif

Back
Top Bottom