mean hermit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, if you saw my other forum i just got a shrimp and a few snails/crabs. But immediately when i put the crabs in the other hermit thats been in there "attacked the others" i seperated them and went to sleep. now i wake up there are 2 crabs dead and one of my nausauris snails are dead. and i cant find my shrimp what happened

More then likely your Hermits killed the other Hermits for their shells. Always supply extra shells so they won't kill each other and snails for their shell. More then likely your shrimp went into hiding. Give it a few days and it should reappear.

I'm not sure one hermit would attack multiple snails/crabs to exchange a single shell. I guess it's possible that he doesn't understand his own size requirements.

I'd be interested in what type of hermit(s) you had first, it's size and age and what you added (type/size/age/etc).

yea.. ive had a few fights between mine, I went to the craft section in wal mart and bought a bog of shells for like 2 bucks.. various sizes form medium/small to about 2 inches long...im with the Capt., you should post a pic of the killer hermit, maybe he is starving...ive lost a fee due to there not being enough food for all of them but that was early on with my tank, I bought a cleaner crew premade and my tank was no where near ready for all those snails and crabs

welll my all my hermits are just idk the basic reef hermit? the shrimp hasnt returned out im positvie my crab ate it... the crab killed a snail aand 2 crabs left one crab to live... and the other crab shells are smaller then his

Back
Top Bottom