Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Measuring O2 and CO2

I haven't found any "kits" or "tools" for measuring O2 and CO2

are there any? I've been having mild to moderate success with my tank (details in bio) and am concerned with Oxygen levels. I have one of my powerheads tapped with a controlled airline to introduce some additional are into the tank but I keep reading about how people don't have any lids on their tanks and have PHs directed at the surface of the tank for "maximum surface turbulence" etc. I have my two PH's flowing across the surface generally, but not right at the surface as i would rather the water move the full way around the tank rather than lose half it's energy at the surface.

What's the best way to tell if you have the right O2 and CO2 levels?

Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

As for CO2, if your testing for oxygen...I don't think it's necessary, but I think Hack makes one. To be honest, I don't put much stock in either test, the act of testing the water will aerate it and skew the results. You may come off better with one of the pinpoint monitors http://www.marinedepot.com/a_cn_pinpoint.asp there is an oxygen monitor, and again, if you know one, the other isn't really necessary. Good watermovement and surface agitation will keep the CO2 down, IMO.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com