Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Im perfectly happy with fish winding up in my sump... much better than the carpet surfing my fish used to do. I lost 3 that way
I wouldn't even know.. mine are all mysterious deaths/disappearances unless they're stuck to something with suction.. cats appreciate live toys apparently..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 03-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

So happy when someone finds a missing fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Here it is, the crevice he was stuck in for a month.

Now here he is keeping a watchful eye over his kingdom.

Hi Mebbid! How is your tank doing? I just came across your thread. I love the Starry Blenny/am glad you found him. It always feels great to find a missing fish...quite the relief for sure!

I hope all is well!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Hi Mebbid! How is your tank doing? I just came across your thread. I love the Starry Blenny/am glad you found him. It always feels great to find a missing fish...quite the relief for sure!

I hope all is well!
Everything is going good, just in the last final push for school to be over with before I can really get to work on my tanks

My trigger is still a bit of a jerk, but not as bad as he originally was. He still takes bits of fin out of clowns and yellow tang occasionally, but it's not bad enough to cause permanent damage.

My snowflake eel is aggressive towards.. everything... including me. But he's such a little guy he is incapable of doing any damage to any of the fish in my tank. I'm hoping it's just him getting acclimated and staking out a territory but the fish that are small enough to get eaten by him when he's grown up will get moved if things don't change.

Other than that, my dinoflagellate problem caused by the death of some of my macro algae in my sump is winding down. Some of my sps are looking a little rough around the edges, but the combination of continual manual removal, uv sterilizer, heavy skimming, and periodic black outs have done the trick I believe *fingers crossed*
Old 04-25-2015, 12:14 AM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didn't now that you had a Snowflake, do you have any pictures? I have always admired them! I hope you Triggerfish continues to improve behavior wise...I had a Niger once a few years ago.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:57 AM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
I didn't now that you had a Snowflake, do you have any pictures? I have always admired them! I hope you Triggerfish continues to improve behavior wise...I had a Niger once a few years ago.
Only pictures from QT. He just hasn't shown his face at the same time I have my camera so I haven't been able to get a pic of him in my tank to share He's neat though, I catch him slithering around the bases of rocks occasionally. He's currently not even as big around as a pencil and is about 6 - 8 inches long.

He managed to get into the sump the first night he was in my tank, I had to rig up some craft mesh to create an impenetrable barrier to get down there as I'm sick of fish getting down there.

It's funny though, the day after I added the craft mesh I heard some splashing in my tank. I thought my trigger was going berserk but it was just my blenny trying futily to jump over it.. It looked something like this
Old 04-25-2015, 02:01 AM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Snowflake Eel looks great, and oh wow, smaller than a pencil! What a little cutie! I bet it's fun to spot him slithering around, wondering where he will appear next.

In regards to having to use the mesh and the inhabitants no cooperating...Silly fish trying to harm themselves, don't they see we just want to help them in the long run? LOL
Old 04-25-2015, 02:12 AM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
The Snowflake Eel looks great, and oh wow, smaller than a pencil! What a little cutie! I bet it's fun to spot him slithering around, wondering where he will appear next.

In regards to having to use the mesh and the inhabitants no cooperating...Silly fish trying to harm themselves, don't they see we just want to help them in the long run? LOL
They are just as stubborn as me
Old 04-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I found the eel in the sump again so now I gotta find the little crack he is making his way through and fix it. This eel is making sure he wins the title of my most irritating fish

However, I finally managed to get some pictures!

Old 04-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey new here but have a snowflake in my 120 with two overflows so hope I can help?
My tank has mega overflows(built in Aqueon) so I used tubing(like for syphon) cut on one side to build the top of my overflows upto glass lid.
I watched my little pencil sized eel swim in and out of the overflow on day one and two,and knew this was going to be a challenge!
I also duct taped the plastic part of lid in back for real!
This was over a year ago and he is a little bigger then a pencil now(around 24" long and over 1" thck).
He should settle in for you hopefully.
Most don't realize that they are the best scavenger going.
If they smell something they will not stop searching(IMO why they end up in sumps!).
Enjoy him while he is small!
Mine is in a 120 with a lion fish and miniautus grouper and they run when he is looking for the cocktail shrimp I feed(after they stuff themselves!).

Tags
90g reef, journal, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com