Mebbid's 90g reef journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fts? Pics look awesome meb!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is a cool eel. Very sneaky, but pretty awesome!

I have officially named my eel. Houdini. This is the 3rd time I've pulled him out of the sump now. Twice I've had to pull him out of the last chamber on my sump which is problematic because he can fit between the slats on my pump.

Fts? Pics look awesome meb!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

View from my seat in front of the TV

The light is dimmer on the left side of the tank currently, some corals are recovering from the dinoflagellates still.

AZwJLXu.jpg

Beautiful tank Mebbid. May I suggest some wrasse.

I have this guy here. A beautiful 2.5 inch McCoskers wrasse He's lost some of his blue because there's no females around. However, as soon as I'm no longer poor I am going to buy a trio of females to keep him company.

11yJry7.jpg

I have this guy here. A beautiful 2.5 inch McCoskers wrasse He's lost some of his blue because there's no females around. However, as soon as I'm no longer poor I am going to buy a trio of females to keep him company.

11yJry7.jpg

Beautiful. I have a female longfin fairy wrasse and a yellow coris wrasse and I have been longing for a Mexican Rock wrasse.

I love your Snowflake and McCosker's, Mebbid! I used to have a McCosker's Wrasse...what a pretty fish!

Well... that didnt last long.

I modified the coverings to prevent houdini from getting in my sump and i even went to my lfs to pick up a block of foam to make a pre filter for the inrake of my sump pump. Sadly, it was inexplicably closed, bis cars were there but nobody answered the door or phone (his shop is in his garage)

But due to the fact that i couldnt keep houdini out of my sump and i had no covering for my pump he got caught in the impeller and died.

So at this point i am over the semi aggressive setup now since the trigger and eel were the primary focus for my tank; Im going to return the trigger and go with something more peaceful in its place.

Ill give the snowflake another shot in a year or two when I upgrade my tank. Ill probably set up a lionfish tank that he would go good in.

I modified the coverings to prevent houdini from getting in my sump and i even went to my lfs to pick up a block of foam to make a pre filter for the inrake of my sump pump. Sadly, it was inexplicably closed, bis cars were there but nobody answered the door or phone (his shop is in his garage)

But due to the fact that i couldnt keep houdini out of my sump and i had no covering for my pump he got caught in the impeller and died.

So at this point i am over the semi aggressive setup now since the trigger and eel were the primary focus for my tank; Im going to return the trigger and go with something more peaceful in its place.

Ill give the snowflake another shot in a year or two when I upgrade my tank. Ill probably set up a lionfish tank that he would go good in.

Sorry to hear that :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear this, that totally sucks :(

Man that's a bummer Mebbid. Have you thought about what you are doing for your peaceful community setup?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Man that's a bummer Mebbid. Have you thought about what you are doing for your peaceful community setup?

Im not sure on that yet. Ill have to see whats available.

Currently i have:
2 occ clowns
1 yellow tang
1 mccosker wrassr
1 snowflake blenny
1 pink spot goby.

Im open for suggestions for additions.

Maybe a few female mccosker's to get the male 'flashing'?

Maybe a few female mccosker's to get the male 'flashing'?

I second this! Save up for some females. I remember back when I had a make Mccoskers I was looking for females and had a very hard time finding them. I traded the fish though because my tank was borderline for a flasher.

I was fortunate to pick up a Gold Assessor. Might be tough to get ahold of but an awesome fish imo.

I was fortunate to pick up a Gold Assessor. Might be tough to get ahold of but an awesome fish imo.

I seen one for the first time in person the other day in Petco believe it or not. Very cool fish!

A purple tilefish might be cool too.. Something a little bigger that could stand out with its color.

A purple tilefish might be cool too.. Something a little bigger that could stand out with its color.

I was thinking about a black cap basslet for a nice purple colored fish, but those are great too. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Back
Top Bottom