Medicating Fish While Acclimating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just curious, while you are drip acclimating your fish, could you medicate them with an antibiotic in the bucket that you are drip acclimating them in. Just wondering?

I`m wondering why you would want to medicate them if there is nothing wrong with them? I personally dont treat fish unless I know what`s wrong with them.

idk some people talk about medicating there fish before they put them in their tank because they dont have a quarantine tank. I dont have a quarantine tank either so i was wondering if this was a viable method. I just got two juvenille ocellaris yesterday. they seem to be doing fine and i did not medicate them

I`m just a firm believer that you dont treat unless you know what you are treating for.

+1 to melosu, also you don't absolutely need a QT tank. A lot of people strongly recommend it, but it's your choice. I have heard of people getting those little 3 gallon rubbermaid totes and just running an air pump or a filter on them for QT. Some people do it to make sure the rest of the tank doesn't get sick as well, but if you trust your LFS and check the fish out well when you get them you should be fine :)

thanks for all the input. also i have a quick question about my clownfish. I have tried 4 different types of food, frozen brine, frozen mysis, the same pellets they were eating at the store, and a flake food. They get very excited when i put food in the water, they start swimming at it very quickly, then stop and dont eat it. They act like they are and then they dont. Is there something else i could do to entice feeding?

Since you just got them yesterday they might still be getting used to your tank and "acclimating". I wouldn't worry if they don't eat right away but you can try soaking the food in garlic which usually helps.

I agree with soaking it in garlic. Dont feed the brine unless it is vitamin fortified.

Back
Top Bottom