melafix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey can melafix be added to a tank with coral and live rock it says antibacterial fish remedy all natural botanical extract of tea leaves rapidly repairs damaged fins ulcers and open wounds promotes regrowth of tissues and fins for fresh or saltwater remove carbon 1 teaspoot per 10 us gallons active ingredient melaleuca i am asking this because my yellow tang and my new bi color angel are not adjusting well i am doing wat i can to calm them down but i want something on hand in case i start seeing open wounds.

Here is what the Good doctors Smith and Foster have to say, "MelaFix Marine can also be used with corals to control bacterial infections, reverse coral degradation and remove parasitic flatworms"
The thing that bothers me is that it kills bacteria so it might mean removing the corals and using it as a dip outside of the AQ. I would not use it in the DT.

dead bacteria is dead bacteria either way slow or fast kill.Why do you want to use it. are the fish hurting each other?

I definitely would not use it in the display tank. Anti bacterial means just that. Anti bacterial of your good bacteria also. For QT use only IMO.

ok i will not use it in my tank then qt is never a option for me tho my parents would never allow me to have another tank no matter wat the purpose they keep telling me two is all i can setup till i move out in a few years soon as i am out of college

Back
Top Bottom