Melanarus wrasse???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking about adding one of these to my 75 gal reef as the last fish with the other seven fish that i have had for sometime... Anyone have advice on this fish?
image-68260981.jpg

Awesome, have been thinking about this for quite awhile. Actually about a year... Hoping it fits in ok with the kole tang( little bossy) and the flame angel, which seems pretty peaceful..

I really wanted to get this fish for my 70 reef. I looked on youtube and other websites than the online stores for people's experiences and found out that they eat all the snails like cerith snails (instead of just the pest ones). Also they are said to be a little aggressive (one guy had this fish and it killed his other more peaceful wrasse). I decided not to get this one even though I really wanted it, plus they eat feather dusters which I want to keep. It could possibly just be the personality the of individual wrasse, however I saw that Liveaquaria moved that wrasse from being in reef safe and FOWLR to just FOWLR...maybe they recognized the behavioral differences.

Yea thats the thing, different fish i guess.. Have had some say they have great six- lines in their tank and others say they are terrors???

Yeah I've heard almost always that they are bullies or super shy and don't come out much. I thought the melanarus wrasse would be great and even beneficial if clams had pests, but I think they can cause other problems. Wow your dwarf angel doesn't eat coral? That's def. an example of the behavior of each individual fish. Nice (y)

I have a melanarus wrasse and he is very peaceful. He doesn't eat any of my CUC including tiny nassarious snails and blue leg hermits. He has never fought with my yellow fin fairy wrasse either. In fact I'm more than likely going to introduce a cleaner shrimp and I'd be a little surprised if he ate him

I really wanted to get this fish for my 70 reef. I looked on youtube and other websites than the online stores for people's experiences and found out that they eat all the snails like cerith snails (instead of just the pest ones). Also they are said to be a little aggressive (one guy had this fish and it killed his other more peaceful wrasse). I decided not to get this one even though I really wanted it, plus they eat feather dusters which I want to keep. It could possibly just be the personality the of individual wrasse, however I saw that Liveaquaria moved that wrasse from being in reef safe and FOWLR to just FOWLR...maybe they recognized the behavioral differences.

Yeah, mine is about full size some where between 4-5inches... And my fairy wrasse was introduced a few months after so I don't think aggression is a big issue w/ them.

I also have like 20 feather duster just growing and a nice red/white on that I bought and he never looked twice at them

Back
Top Bottom