Melosu58`s seahorse diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mel IMHHO purigen works a bit better but that may be just a matter of opinion . I would not reactivate it especially in a SH tank... it also does not allow for anything to leach back in ... as inexpensive as that is I just toss per 2-3 months

You let me know too late about the purigen, Sadielynn. I`ll leave this in a few months and do that next time. Thanks for the info.

Melosu, are they going okay for you? I remember reading a thread on the org a few hours ago but I don't remember much :p.

I'm still convinced they're either kuda or kelloggi....

I`m having a problem with one. I just posted in the sick fish forum if you can help.

WOW how did I miss this post I have had seahorses in the past and they are neat creatures ... My guy died when we went on vacation ...... the one thing I can say that would benifit you is not only CB horses but also to pak lots of live rock into the tank for pods. Also a fuge with macro is of great help but not needed. You can even make it a reef to some extent with gorgs, shrooms and also with zoas maybe even some softy leathers or so ... I always turned off all the filters and power heads during feeding but then later trained him to come out to feed in a small tank... he did fine with that ... We had ours for 9 months before we went on vacation and he died ... I got mine from fosters and smith they even told me thta they dont know how old they are when shipped but they are atleast a year because the smaller and younger ones dont ship well Seahorses have about a 2-3 year life span so they arent long livers . Be sure to cover the intake to your power heads and filter with a sponge as they can get caught up and not beable to get free.... They are really not that hard to care for just alot of little details ...
What type of environment should they have?

If you start from the beginning of this thread I start from the beginning. Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes. They should be in a species only tank.

Back
Top Bottom