"Melting" Trumpet Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEV236

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, My name is Kevin and i am new to Aquarium Advice Website (and I must say it is a great website). I have had my SW tank for almost a year now and needless to say I have a lot to learn. My Trumpet Coral looks like it is "melting" and i do not know what it is doing, I have checked all my levels and everything seems to be fine, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 298
Thanks for the quick response, my phosphate and nitrate levels are 0ppm. The calcium level was 380 to 400 ppm and the KH test was 143.2. That is all I could test with the kit I have which is the Reef master test kit. My lighting is a coralife Aqualight Pro. it has 2 150 watt 10,000K metal halide lights 2 34 inch flourescent lamps and 4 moon glow LED's. Also the corals are placed about midways in the tank. Thanks again Kev.

About 9 months,it was one big cluster of about 13 corals. i split them up today to give them room to expand, I hope it was the right choice, Thanks

Depending on how compacted they were, the intensity of the light now encompassing the entire corralite instead of illuminating just the top portions could be the cause of its melting. Brown jelly is usually a secondary issue, but doesn't mean it couldn't show up as in just about every case. Have you dosed the tank with anything since fragging?

Back
Top Bottom