Merging two tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well we went and bought a 60 gallon Seaclear tank from our LFS and tank and hood for around $400+ with tax. We plan on getting the other stuff or it this week and also painting the back of it.

Our question is, when merging the two tanks I know I will need some rubbermaids to put the rock and corals in, and the fish will go in some of the little tanks we have, the water from both tanks, how much should be saved?
All of it? I plan on keeping the corals in the same water they are in, in the rubbermaid, should we have a powerhead going across the top of the water for circulation? I'm sort of looking forward to it and then part of me isn't. One tank will be taken down first so we can position the other tank in that area.

Also my big question here, do we acclimate them in a bag like we did when we got them or just put them in the new tank when the temp is matched?

TIA

Ok thanks Kevin, never done this before, I'm crossing my fingers it all goes smoothly. Thanks for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom