Metal halide lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louie4979

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just bought a 605 watt metal halide light and it's pretty nice. However , Uh it gets a little hot. A chiller is a way off so I got a fan running across the water. I'm afraid to run the halogen lights with the T5's all the time so I put the halogens on a timer. One hour on one off. Are you supposed to run the halogens all the time? Would this be suitable for coral?

IMO turning your lights off and on repeatedly will shorten their life. You could try turning your metal halides off during the hottest part of the day and maybe another fan blowing on the lights.

That amount of light seems like overkill. How big is your tank?

Are you talking about a fixture with 605w total? MH bulbs are typically 70w, 150w, 175w, 250w, 400w or 1000w. Where are the halogen bulbs? MH and halogen are 2 totally different bulbs. Exactly what types of bulbs are in the fixture and how many of each?

halogens on aquarium lighting?? holyyyy you better hope there isx no splashing, they are super fragile and even require a person to wear gloves when replacing the bulbs because getting oil on them will shatter the glass

60 gallon tank. 605 total watts. Two halogens in the middle with two t5 bulbs. Yeah it's pretty bright.

Back
Top Bottom