Metal Stand Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know a local guy that does amazing metalwork so I was thinking of having him build me a stand for my new 120g. I wanted to get it powder coated black with billeted aluminum siding, the inside if the stand would be lined with sealed plywood. is there any reason(s) I should be wary of this plan? It won't affect anything with the tank will it?

This is probably paranoia but I just wanted to be sure. Thank for the help guys!

Won't effect the tank at all. Just make sure to get a quality powder coat job on it or you will end up with a wet pile of rust.

Don't see why that would be a problem. Some people use wrought iron stands so I can't see why a stand built by a good fabricator should be any different and probably even better.

Won't effect the tank at all. Just make sure to get a quality powder coat job on it or you will end up with a wet pile of rust.

Hey blert, long time no talk buddy!

The guy who would build it is very thorough about his work so it'll be quality for sure.

Don't see why that would be a problem. Some people use wrought iron stands so I can't see why a stand built by a good fabricator should be any different and probably even better.

That's what I was thinking as well but wanted to make sure :)

Hey blert, long time no talk buddy!

The guy who would build it is very thorough about his work so it'll be quality for sure.

Yup, I've been around. I don't roam these forums much anymore since I set up my reef tank ten months ago. Give me a shout anytime and good luck with your new build.

Back
Top Bottom