methods of catching fish (ocean)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarded

Aquarium Advice Freak
i would like to catch a fish or two for my tank. i have never caught fish to keep alive as i have always speared them for food. at any rate, what kind of methods do some of you use to catch fish?

in some of the tide pools i can probably use a net, however, if i dive, i am not sure how to catch live specimens.

Speared them for food? Hey-zoos man, you have a Kroger near by or what?? ; ) Lets hope its a hobby and not a way of life : )

when you grow up on an island in the middle of the pacific ocean, it is very natural to go spear fishing. so, yeah, it is a way of life. i have been to memphis and ate some great cat fish there... the were caught for food too (hooks... sharp object just like a spear)! :D

at any rate, i would like to catch some for my tank without having to spear them and if anyone has any experience doing this i would be interested with your methods of securing your catch.

Nets are going to be tricky. Go to a dive shop and get a fish sucker. It's a big clear tube with a plunger in it. Pull back on the plunger and it sucks the fish into the tube. Haven't used it personally but hear they work quite nicely. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom