Mexian Palenose Moray Eel (echidna nocturna)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mannydouhnut

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I know this is uncharted turf I'm on here but on LiveAquaria yesterday an eel called well read the title don't want to write it again came on to the divers den section and well as far as I know it's never been kept in captivity I mean I'm sure it has but it must not be that common I mean I can't find any pictures of it in the aquarium and all the pictures I can find are of ones that are dead and being examined. I all I know so far is that it's pretty and I bought it it goes by one other name the the Freckled Moray that's what divers call it I'm positive I can care for it I have every eel in the echidna genus and all have done very well I called my local aquarium which is the Denver Aquarium they knew nothing about it but told me to call the shedd aquarium so I did and the only one there that knew what it was there was a very experienced divemaster who had seen one last year while diving in the galapagos and he didn't know what it was until yesterday when he was looking on divers den. Anyway if you guys know anything let me know please.

image-1197219879.jpg

I picked this one up yesterday. Will let you know what its like.

Already got mine in my tank and made a short video on YouTube just search echidna Nocturna Ive had mine for 2 weeks no and this thing is freakin sweet it's so active it's out almost all day and when its hungry it will swim up at the surface

Back
Top Bottom