MH bulb suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am using 2 x coralife 10K 150W double-end MH bulb. All my SPS loses their colors, blue-tip become white-tip, the pink are green color are all slowly become light brown. The bulbs are 8 months. I like to change the bulbs. Will it re-gain the color back, any MH bulb suggestions? Thanks

How big is the tank and how deep are the SPS? It may be that the 150's ar enot bright enough or the corals are too far away. What about Calcium and the other elements the SPS really need, how ar they?

The lights are 4" above the tank. The SPS are ~6" below the water level. Ca is 425, tank is 75G, 10 months old. The SPS and others are health except the color changed to light brownish. only have 4 fishes....

Beside Ca, the SPS are going to need magnesium, strontium and the proper alkalinity, so there may still be something missing, but it does sound like the water levels are pretty good. What kind of flow do you have, and do you feed anything to the tank that might help them to supplement the Photosynthesis? DT's for instance.

Back
Top Bottom