MH's just on one side of the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swissfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about getting 250W MH and hang them just on the left side of my tank. It would allow me to have corrals that need lots of light on one side of the tank.
Would that make my lighting look weird. Or coulden't you tell just by looking at the tank?

If you have pc's, it won't make that big of a difference. It's actually a good idea. When I get my new tank this year, I am going to have a MH on each side, and pc's in the middle. Like you said, some corals prefer strong light while other don't.

Mike

It will look a little wierd by doing it this way. My left mh is on a switch seperate from my middle and right side and when it comes on without the others it looks like the sun is shining on that side and the other is sitting in the shadows, This will depend on what bulbs you run for vho's but untill you see how bright the mh is in your tank it's really hard to describe.
Now as far as adding one to each side i could see this working but not on just one side.

I have actinics but maybe not enough. I'm going to add another 440 watts later this week so maybe I can give a better idea then. As it stands now I only have a little over 100 watts of actinics and it looks like crappy with with only one mh running. I'll let you know the results of adding the higher wattage vho's.

Back
Top Bottom