Micro-bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Avi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Micro-bubbles.....I have them entering the tank because the return from the skimmer is going into the section of my sump where I have the powerheads for the return of water back to the tank. Would it make any difference at all if I have the skimmed water return in the other section. I can't think of any reason why, but I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. That would solve the micro-bubble problem for me...THANKS

if you have the remora, i suggest u buy a prefilter box. the pre-filter box draws water from the surface rather than the bottom of tank. It has a collection chamber for the skimmed water which can serve as a media container, it can be left empty with just a small piece of sponge which eliminates the bubbles or filled with different types of media for further filtration.

we opted not to do the latter because we didnt feel the prefilter can hold the weight of more media in that container. But, it took care of the micro-bubble problem. and the skimmer supposedly is working 20% more efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom