micro bubbles in my sump help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willyesco

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, well this is my sump/refugium set up, and have been fed up with micro bubbles going into my main tank. please take a look and give me ideas about what i can do. some say a filter sock some say rubble rocks but where should i place the rubble rock, anything ideas would be much appreciated

the main tank is 20 gal and the sump is 10 gal is does have spasgeti algae but not enough to stop all the bubbles......

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 114
when i setup my sump i had micro bubbles going into the tank turns out my return had a small air leak you might to check to make sure you dont have any air leaks

How do i go about cheking and air leak. I did make a hole to break syphon in case the power goes out

Tighten everything up. If there is even a small leak, or your pickup in the sump can suck the tiniest bit of air, the impeller in your pump will generate those tiny bubbles.

I cheked everything, its all tight. Did notice that the hose from te overflowbox to the sump is creating these tiny bubbles that pass on to where the macro algae is and running down to the pump. So its the flow coming down, should i place rocks there or use a filter sock, or is there any other diy i can do here to minimize the micro bubbles?

I had this problem for a while and it turned out that one of the many drains into my sump was pulling bubbles underwater that traveled almost 6" to one of the main sump intakes to the pump.

Gregcoyote said:
I had this problem for a while and it turned out that one of the many drains into my sump was pulling bubbles underwater that traveled almost 6" to one of the main sump intakes to the pump.

What did you do to fix this problem because that seems to be mine...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom