Micro bubbles skimmer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthonygaliazzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive got a jns vs1 shark pump skimmer. Ive been told its a very good skimmer and i love it exept it keeps on pushing micro bubbles in my tank. Has anyone experience this problem with any other skimmer and how can i get rid of these bubbles?

If it's new it may just be a matter of breaking in. Hobs can do this, depending on the set up you may be able to use a sponge on the out put to trap the bubbles

Ive been using the skimmer for 3 months. Could i use i regular sponge for washing dishes or car. I would rinse it properly before. Any thoughts on how to stop these bubble. I would take a pic but phone camero aint good enough to actually see the bubbles

I would use an aquarium sponge to be safe. Can you take a picture of the skimmer?

Ya you should be able to rig a sponge over that some how. Might have to get creative but should be doable. Off the top of my head I would try cutting an aqua clear sponge in half and then use my exacto knife to cut a circle about the size of the out put about half way maybe 1/3 deep into the sponge and put it over. What ever you come up with make sure to clean the sponge at least weekly and replace every few months

Back
Top Bottom