Microbubbles :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got microbubbles all over my tank. My tank is a 42 hex with a 75 gal wet-dry, and a protein skimmer in the sump. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the bubbles? There is no turbulence(sp?) in the tank itself and whatever is in the sump I doubt I can fix. :(

Put some baffles in the sump. Not sure exactly how to do that, but I'm sure JustDIY or someone else will tell you how to make one relatively easily. Try searching the DIY forum for this.

microbubbles will show up in my eel tank when the sump water gets a little low....the pumps start sucking tiny amounts of air ...try adding water to the sump directly.

My return pump is entirely submerged. And I don't think I have room to add baffles to the sump. It's jam-packed with protein skimmer, return pump, and UV sterilizer. :(

Mine is too...that isnt all that matters. If there is not ALOT of water over it, it will suck super thin columns of air from the surface. Another reason could be that with all that stuff in there, something is agitating the water enough to cause bubbles, especially the skimmer.

I used a 20 gal glass tank for a sump and I placed a little plastic container in the tank in between the return pump and the skimmer. My Berlin skimmer sits in the middle and dumps to the right and the return pump is all the way on the left. The little container is wedged in there on end so it acts like a wall. It has worked great for microbubbles. Hopefully it will hold up over time...

I have had this problem with my prism skimmer. No matter how I set the water flow it would bubble like crazy. I went to the LFS picked up a small plastic water filter replacement cartridge that will fit in the water return and it catches the bubbles before they go all over in the tank. I also cleaned it which really helped with the flow issues I was having. Id try this as it only costs a few bucks and most likely will do the trick. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom