Midas Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish noob

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking of adding a midas blenny to my 60g cube. I have two clowns and a lyretail Anthia jn there currently. I have lots of little caves I think it would enjoy.

What are its eating habits? Will it eat pellets or flakes? I like to be able to feed using an auto feeder if I'm out of town.

Anyone have experience with them?

I have had two of them. very active fun fish to keep. They eat anything you feed the tank, frozen foods and flakes and maybe pellets depending on the fish.

carey said:
I have had two of them. very active fun fish to keep. They eat anything you feed the tank, frozen foods and flakes and maybe pellets depending on the fish.

I can always count on you for a quick response! Thanks :)

Mine goes nuts for new life spectrum therm +A he also loves all frozen food. IMO they need to be fed at least every day. I feed mine directly twice a day to insure all the food gets eaten. He's my favorite fish. Do know he won't use a cave they like to find a little crevis to fold their body into. Mine also loves to be in a barnical. Be sure when you buy him he's healthy. What to look for, bright yellow color, nice thickness in the body, and IMO most importantly active. Mine will supplement his diet a bit with algae he likes to scrape I off the overflow.

I also like the purple firefish. Are they compatible?

I don't think so. Because the midis is some what aggressive and really doesnt seem to like things with the sAme body shape. But mine get along great with my royal gramma

Back
Top Bottom