Midas Blenny & Six Line Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a new Midas Blenny and he has been in QT for about 3 days now. Around the ridge of his mouth is white...any ideas as to what this is or is this normal? Maybe its the just lighting but it looks white...
Also what do blennies eat other than misas...My blenny looks really thin..
Lastly when my blenny breathes his head goes up and down..is this normal?

On the six line wrasse, on the very top of his top fin, it appears to be 2 white spots - no ick but bigger. At first I thought it was debris maybe from the sand but its not. Any ideas on this?

On both now---it appears that when the wrasse comes around the blenny, he goes after him and chases him off...any thought as to maybe the wrasse might have bite marks? I cant get a pic of either of them as they are both to fast.

It`s hard to get blennies to eat anything but if he`s eating mysis they are pretty good for them. If you had pods they will eat them also. You could also try vitamin enriched Brine and see. I have got mine to eat flake but it took awhile.

I cant seem to upload the pics but not much to see anyways...
I do have a question on my blenny now as well. I noticed tonight as he was swimming around that he has 2 spots that are discolored if you will. I cant really think of any way to describe other than looks like just this - discoloration. Doesnt appear to be an open wound really...Hes swimming around and eating well so I dont know if I should be concerned or not...

I still have the open question on the wrasse in my previous post too.

Well it seems both fish spots I was concerned with are healing. I think it may have been just scars of some sort.
Anyway, again I will ask. Fish that are not prone to ick like a wrasse and blenny, how long do you keep them in QT? I wouldnt think you would need 6-8 weeks would you? Just curious.

Fish that are not prone to ick like a wrasse and blenny, how long do you keep them in QT?
It's still best to QT for 4-6 weeks so any other possible ailments will present themselves. This will also allow the fish to regain any strength or health lost during collection and/or time at the LFS, with out having to compete with stronger tankmates.
For any health issues, I would recommend you start a thread in the sick fish forum. That will get you more info. HTH

Ok so I still have both fish in QT. I noticed tonight that the blenny is what I would call "flashing" from time to time. I know I have read blennies dont get ick so Im wondering if he really is flashing, why and if not - what is he doing? He seems to go to the same 2 spots to do this as well...Otherwise both fish are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom