Midas Blenny arrives Tomorrow :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they change like a grayish color when stressed kind of like a foxface. It might just be the lighting or something. They color up though.

I don't know how long, but I'd imagine longer than a blenny that only had to endure a 20 minute drive from the LFS. That would be cool to see him come out; maybe tomorrow! :D

i have a feeling he will be out tomorrow for breakfast :]
lol

Awesome. Lol he looks like a rainbow :lol:. At least on the pic it looks like he has purple, yellow, green, and blue...that would be cool if that were their true colors.

yea he does look pretty cool
hes becoming familiar with the tank i guess cus he is swimming all over the place
i cant wait t i feed it in the morning
lol
im such a nerd :|

im watching blue planet the coral seas as we speak
lol
so ibteresting

yea it does look baddass
its my new fav fish :]
i think everyone should have a midas blenny
lol

just got a midas too!! it looks a bit smaller but healthy, im acclimating him 1 hour in right now, 1 hour to go. Went from not moving at all to swimming in his bag, i have high hopes for this guy

the fish store was awesome i couldnt decide between this and a yellow watchman, but since they only had 1 midas and 6 ywm ill get that later! even got a conditioner so my tap water will be 100% safe for water changes now. Its called amquel plus!

im in a better mood now, with my lamp fixture breaking and all ><

Consider using RO/DI water instead. Conditioners just remove part of the problem with tap water and your blenny will thank you. :)

yeah i bought a bucket of ro there as well as water that ill use for my water change this week, but i didnt need one today so i didnt use it. He is doing great but im worried about him and the clownfish. Health wise i see no problems but they nip at each other sometimes. It started when I fed them, they both keep going for the same piece even though there is a lot of food, than every time the clownfish comes near the blenny is on guard :/

hopefully it wont last long

edit: i watched my midas and he never really goes past half the tank, he only stays on the left side. This morning he was on the corner sleeping, while my clown hosts the opposite corner. My midas was bright yellow from the shop to my house all the way through acclimating, so i was not worried. But now hes a darker gold, not brown, but more gold than yellow. Not worried yet but just worth mentioning. I might have to get rid of my clownfish if he keeps harrasing my blenny while they eat :/. Will it eventually lay on the rocks? i was hoping they would, he only sits on the sand or swims in the left side

Blennys favorote spot in the tank
On the Magnet glass cleaner
lol

that is with lights off
only days i see my tanks with lights on is monday and tuesday
only LED moonlights are on

Back
Top Bottom