Might be time for an upgrade.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJCRIC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,
Well I have had my tank up and running for about 8-9 months now and it is 6' 125gal I have to 36" PC strips each with 2 96 watt lights one white and one Actinic. For corals right now I have some star polyps, an open brain, giant Cup, Bubble coral, 2 finger leathers, yellow leather, Hammer, torch, purple mushroom, and L/T plate coral all my tests seem ok and the take has been doing great. But, in the past few days I have noticed the yellow leather is not opening as much during the day and one of the finger leathers the same. Sometimes the other finger leather too. When I bought the leathers the lfs said because of my lighting I should try to keep them near the top of the tank on the LR and that has seemed to work fine. Being that I have had these lights for about 8-9 months now do you think it is time for some new bulbs. How long do these PC lights last before they loose their umph.
On another note after seeing some of the clams and other corals in the LFS I can't have I am now sorry I didn't get the MH lights. So if it is time for new bulbs I might think about going with the MH lights. What would you recommend for my tank and what should I look for? Also what will I need to do to acclimate these guys to the now lights? And what would I do for good Actinic lights, do they come with the MH? and are they MH too?

Hmm, I'm in the same position (minus the corals) and I'm seriously considering a lighting upgrade to the 72" Aquaspacelight from Captive Reefs (a forum sponsor). It's expensive, but a very nice looking fixture with 3 - 150 watt HQI Metal Halide with 4 - 24 watt Osram true 03 actinic power compact.

Good luck deciding..

Cmor

Back
Top Bottom